Comment on page
4. Manage conversations
While working in a conversation, or viewing a conversation in a team feed, agents can perform actions to help manage the lifecycle of a conversation.
When viewing a conversation in a team feed, you can assign it to yourself or another agent by following these steps:
- 1.From a conversation, click Assign agent at the top of the screen.
- 2.Search for an agent or select one from the list.
That's it! You just assigned a conversation to an agent. The agent will receive a notification to inform them that they have been assigned a new conversation.
You can also assign conversations to yourself by clicking the Assign to me prompt above the message composer.
When working in a conversation that has been assigned to you as an agent, you can return it to a team feed by following these steps:
- 1.From a conversation, click Assign team at the top of the screen.
- 2.Search for a team or select one from the list.
That's it! You just assigned a conversation to a team feed.
While working in a conversation, you can apply tags to add extra context. To do so, follow these steps:
- 1.While working in a conversation, click the "show tags" '#' symbol in the top right-hand corner.
- 2.Click the Add tag button.
- 3.Search for the tag that you want to use, or click one of the tags from the list.
- 4.Add as many tags as you need to, then return to the conversation.
You've just added a tag to a conversation!
While working in a conversation, you can filter the types of messages and content that you can see to simplify your view or find important information.
There are three types of content that you can filter:
To filter a conversation, follow these steps:
- 1.From a conversation, click the 'filter' symbol at the top of your screen.
- 2.Switch the toggles to off to remove conversation content from your view.
- 3.Return to the conversation to see the effect of your filters.
When you snooze a conversation, you set it aside to return to at a later date. Snoozing is useful when a customer's issue can't be resolved immediately, and you want to return to it at a later date.
To snooze a conversation click the 'snooze' symbol at the top of your screen.
To unsnooze a conversation, click the 'snoozed' symbol at the top of your screen.
Close a conversation when the issue or inquiry of the customer has been resolved or when the customer has indicated that they no longer need assistance.
To close a conversation, click the 'closed' symbol at the top of your screen.
Re-open a conversation if a customer raises additional questions, or you need more information from them once a conversation has been closed.
To re-open a conversation, click the 're-open' symbol at the top of your screen.