Comment on page
Plans & Billing
At MessageBird, you’ll only be billed for the services you use and the messages that you send. You can find a breakdown of how much we charge, and for what, over on our pricing page.
The Overview tab of the Plans & Billing section provides a high-level summary of your organization's product usage and billing information.
You can filter usage by product, date, and more. Use the drop-down to select different wallets.
Filter your view by switching between "This Month," "Last Month," and "Last Year" to see usage trends over time.
To view the cost of your usage, click on the View Cost button, which will display a chart with the date on the x-axis and the cost on the y-axis.
To view your product usage, click on the View Usage button, which will display a chart with the date on the x-axis and the usage on the y-axis.
In the Settings tab of the Plans & Billing section, there are several fields related to billing information. These fields are used for invoicing purposes and include:
- Legal Name: The legal name of your organization that will be used for invoicing.
- VAT Number (optional): If you have a VAT number, you can enter it here. MessageBird will validate your VAT number.
- PO Number (optional): If you require a Purchase Order number to be included on your invoice, you can enter it here.
- Use address from business profile (checkbox): If selected, the billing address will automatically be filled in with the address from your business profile.
- Street: The street address of your organization's billing address.
- Sub Premise (optional): If your billing address includes a sub-premise or apartment number, you can enter it here.
- City: The city of your organization's billing address.
- Postal code: The postal code of your organization's billing address.
- State (optional): If your organization is located in a country with states or provinces, you can enter the state or province here.
- Country: The country of your organization's billing address.
- Invoice recipients: A list of email addresses that will receive the invoice. You can add new recipients by clicking the Add new recipient button.
Once you've made any edits that you need to, click Update to save your changes.
The Plans tab of the Plans & Billing section displays any bundles that are live on your account, and which wallet will be charged.
Bundles are product-based or channel-based, and each bundle has its own pricing structure, which may include tiered pricing based on usage or other factors.
For each active bundle, you can see what you'll be paying for, and how much you'll be charged, by clicking See details beneath a plan.
Most bundles have pricing tiers so you only pay for what you use, and the prices change depending on how much you use.
Let's say your organization sends SMS messages through MessageBird. The SMS channel counts outgoing messages in units of 1,000 messages.
In this example, there are four pricing tiers for SMS messages. The first tier is for 1-1,000 units at a price of €0.000000 per 1,000. This means that if you send between 1 and 1,000 SMS messages in a month, you won't be charged anything additional beyond the cost of the SMS channel subscription.
The second tier is for 1,001-100,000 units at a price of €1.000000 per 1,000. This means that if you send between 1,001 and 100,000 SMS messages in a month, you will be charged €1.000000 per 1,000 messages.
Subscription charges refer to the fees that are charged for active subscriptions and bundles in an organization. These charges are automatically deducted from the wallet linked to the subscription.
In the Invoices tab of the Plans & Billing section, you can view and download all the invoices generated by MessageBird for your organization's usage. You can also see the status of each invoice, such as Paid or Unpaid, and view the details of the charges included in each invoice.