Comment on page
Send engaging marketing messages to your customers on WhatsApp
In this guide, we'll show you how to set up and send your first WhatsApp marketing campaign.
- 1.From the side menu, click Engage customers, then click Campaigns.
- 2.Click Create new campaign.
- 3.Name your campaign by clicking Untitled Campaign in the top left-hand corner, and entering a new campaign name.
- 4.Under Campaign type, click Broadcast campaign.
- 5.Under Channels, click WhatsApp, then select the WhatsApp channel that you want to send your campaign on.
- 6.Under Sender, select the WhatsApp channel instance that you want your campaign to be sent from. Click Next.
- 7.Under Recipients, click either Group or Audience, depending on the way you've set up the contacts that you're sending your WhatsApp campaign to. Click Next.
- 8.Under Content, search for the name of the WhatsApp message template that you want to send as this campaign. You will see a preview of the message template that you're going to send.
- 9.Under Select a language, choose the language that you want to send the campaign in. Click Next.
- 10.If the message template contains variables, select the attributes that will be used to populate the variables. For each variable, select the default value to use if no attributes are found.
Now that you've created and set up your campaign, you can preview it and send a test to yourself or another member of your team to review.
- 1.From the Preview screen, go to the Preview and test panel, and choose a contact from the Simulated contact dropdown.
- 2.Choose a number to send the test message to.
- 3.Click Send a test message.
- 4.The recipient will receive a test message. Check that the template looks correct, that any variables have been replaced, and that any media and buttons are displaying correctly, and give it a final review for spelling and grammar.
Happy with your WhatsApp campaign? Then you're ready to send it!
- 1.In the top right-hand corner of your screen, click Send campaign, then click Send now. A window will appear, displaying the name of the audience or group you're sending to, and how many contacts will receive the campaign.
- 2.Click Send now.
You've just sent your first WhatsApp campaign! Time to sit back, relax, and watch the results roll in.
Yes, with Campaigns, you can send bulk messages with WhatsApp by using an approved message and sending it to a predefined audience or group.
Yes. If you want to initiate a conversation on WhatsApp (sending a campaign on WhatsApp counts as initiating a conversation,) you must use an approved message template. Customers must have shared their mobile phone number with your business, and explicitly opted-in to receive messages.
Customers can start a conversation with your business whenever they like, without having previously opted in.