Comment on page
Send engaging marketing emails to your customers.
In this guide, we'll walk you through setting up and sending your first email marketing campaign with MessageBird.
- An installed Email channel instance.
- An Email message template.
- A group or audience or customers that have opted-in to receive marketing messages on Email, created in Contacts.
- 1.From the side menu, click Engage customers, then click Campaigns.
- 2.Click Create new campaign.
- 3.Name your campaign by clicking Untitled Campaign in the top left-hand corner, and entering a new campaign name.
- 4.Under Campaign type, click Broadcast campaign.
- 5.Under Channels, click Email, then select the Email channel that you want to send your campaign on.
- 6.Under Sender, select the Email channel instance that you want your campaign to be sent from. Click Next.
- 7.Add the Sender name and Sender email in their respective text fields. Click Next.
- 8.Under Recipients, click either Group or Audience, depending on the way you've set up the contacts that you're sending your WhatsApp campaign to. Click Next.
- 9.Under Content, search for the name of the Email message template that you want to send as this campaign. You will see a preview of the message template that you're going to send.
- 10.Under Select a language, choose the language that you want to send the campaign in. Click Next.
- 11.If the message template contains variables, select the attributes that will be used to populate the variables. For each variable, select the default value to use if no attributes are found.
Now that you've created and set up your campaign, you can preview it and send a test to yourself or another member of your team to review.
- 1.From the Preview screen, go to the Preview and test panel, and choose a contact from the Simulated contact dropdown.
- 2.Choose an email address to send the test message to.
- 3.Click Send a test message.
- 4.The recipient will receive a test email. Check that the template looks correct, that any variables have been replaced, and that any media and buttons are displaying correctly, and give it a final review for spelling and grammar.
Happy with your Email campaign? Then you're ready to send it!
- 1.In the top right-hand corner of your screen, click Send campaign, then click Send now. A window will appear, displaying the name of the audience or group you're sending to, and how many contacts will receive the campaign.
- 2.Click Send now.
You've just sent your first email campaign! Time to sit back, relax, and watch the results roll in.
This might stem from an unhealthy email channel. Visit Enable Channels > Email and double-click on the channel you want to inspect. If that channel is not healthy, you will see error messages to explain the issues. Once you have addressed these issues, you can try to send your email campaign again.