Comment on page
WhatsApp business verification
Until your business is verified, you'll only be able to use WhatsApp on a limited basis. During this time, you'll be placed in one of two tiers:
- Basic trial experience: For users who have installed WhatsApp, but haven't yet submitted an application for business verification.
- Expanded trial experience: For users who have installed WhatsApp and have submitted their documentation for business verification.
Once you've received WhatsApp business verification, you'll be able to use WhatsApp's complete messaging capabilities.
Take a look at the tables below to see what you can do in each tier of WhatsApp's trial experience.
For all message directions, the basic trial experience measures usage by the number of phone numbers that you send messages to, and the number of messages that you send.
For business-initiated messages, the expanded trial experience measures usage by the number of phone numbers that you send messages to, and the number of messages that you send.
For customer-initiated messages, the expanded trial experience measures usage by the number of conversations you have. On this version of the trial, you can have up to 1500 conversations-which means that you can technically send messages to 1500 numbers.
Before you start, keep the following in mind:
- You can only click Start verification in Security Center if your business needs to be verified.
- You need to be an admin of the Meta Business Manager account to verify your business.
- If you're an advertiser based in China, you may need to complete bank account verification. Learn more about how to verify your business with your business bank account.
- If you use monthly invoicing to pay for ads, you don't need to submit documentation for business verification. When you start the business verification process, you can fill out the form with your credit line information and submit it. If you don't see that option, make sure that the Business Manager you're trying to verify is linked to a credit line that you own, not one that is shared with another business.
To start the verification process:
- 2.Click Start verification.
- 3.Enter your business details and click Next. Note that the business information you provide during the business verification process will become publicly visible if your Page has a large US audience or runs ads about social issues, elections, or politics in the US.
- 4.Select the correct business from the list, or select None of these match if you don't see your business on the list.
- 5.Confirm your business details.
- 6.Choose to get a verification code on your business phone number via a text message or phone, or via email. Note that the phone number option may not be available in all countries.
- 7.If you don't get the verification code, you can request to receive another code.
- 8.(Optional) If your domain is already verified, you can click Verify us... in step 5. If not, complete the domain verification process. Then return to the Security Center and click Continue. Learn when to use domain verification to verify your business.
- 9.Enter your verification code (not applicable if you use domain verification).
- 10.Click Submit.
If you receive confirmation that your business is verified, there’s nothing more you need to do. You’ll receive a notification when the review is complete. You can also check your status in Security Center.
Once you've completed business verification, you can return to Security Center to edit your details at any time. However, any changes will require you to complete the business verification process again.
If WhatsApp is unable to verify your business, they may ask you to submit your ID before they attempt to verify again. If they aren’t able to verify your business in your initial submission, they may ask you to upload additional documentation, such as a certificate of incorporation or a business license to prove that your business is registered.
If you provide false or misleading information during your verification process, attempt to claim and verify a business you aren’t authorized to represent, or otherwise attempt to circumvent our verification review systems, Meta may prevent your business from being verified, remove your business's verification status, or take additional action on the account.