Comment on page
Install Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger can be installed from the Channels Marketplace. Once installed, you can have conversations with your customers over Messenger.
During installation, Facebook will ask you to grant MessageBird specific permissions.
- A Facebook account.
- A Facebook Business Page that is linked to your account.
- Your Facebook login details and password.
- Two-factor authentication details.
- 1.On the side panel, click Channels. You'll be taken to the Channels library.
- 2.Under the Marketplace tab, click Facebook Messenger, then click Install Facebook Messenger.
- 3.Click Click here to log in, and enter the login details you use for Facebook in the email address or phone number field, and your password.
- 4.Grant MessageBird permission to access your Facebook Page by clicking Done.
- 5.You've now linked MessageBird to Facebook. Click OK.
- 6.Optionally, you can change the internal name of your channel.
- 7.To complete the installation process, click Install Facebook Messenger.
Changing the channel name in MessageBird does not change the name of your Facebook Page.
Sometimes, during the installation of a new Facebook channel, you might need to find the ID of the Facebook Page that you want to connect.
Follow these steps to find your Facebook Page ID:
- 1.Log in to Facebook.
- 2.From your Feed, click Pages in the menu on the left.
- 3.Click the name of your Page.
- 4.Click About at the top of your page. If you don't see About, click More.
- 5.Scroll down to find your Page ID.