Comment on page
Email can be installed from the Channels Marketplace. Once installed, you'll be able to send and receive emails.
- Your own email domain, which you control
- Your own email hosting provider and access to your DNS provider setting
- 1.In the "Custom sending domain name" field, enter the sending domain that you want to use to send and receive emails.
- 2.In the "Channel name" field, enter a recognizable name for your email channel such as "NL Email support".
- 3.Click Continue installation.
- 1.In the Settings tab, under "Conversations", decide if you want this email channel to start a conversation in Inbox when it receives a new message from a customer. Switch the toggle on to enable this.
- 2.Under "Profile fetching on incoming messages", decide if you want contacts that are created when this email channel receives a message should include sender profile details. By default, this is set to on.
Set up your sending domain so that MessageBird can send emails on your behalf by verifying your domain. This section is automatically populated based on the email channel information you've provided.
We provide two values that you'll need to use to configure your DNS settings:
Add the hostname and values into the settings section of your DNS provider. Here are the steps to do this:
- 1.Log in to your DNS provider account.
- 2.Navigate to the settings section or wherever you can manage DNS records.
- 3.Locate the option to add a new record, and select TXT as the record type.
- 4.In the hostname or name field, enter the hostname provided by MessageBird. This is typically a string of letters and numbers followed by a period and your custom email domain name.
- 5.In the value or data field, enter the value provided by MessageBird. This is a long string of characters that contains the verification information for your email domain.
- 6.Save the record by clicking on the save or update button.
It's important to note that the exact steps may vary depending on your DNS provider. However, the general process remains the same. Once you've added the TXT record, MessageBird will begin verify your domain, and you'll be able to set up email forwarding to start handling emails from your customers.
Once you have added the hostname and values into the settings section of your DNS provider, return to MessageBird and click Verify domain.
After verifying your domain with MessageBird, the next step is to set up automatic forwarding rules in your Email Service Provider (ESP) so that MessageBird can receive emails on your behalf. To do this, you will need to copy the destination address provided by MessageBird and add it to your ESP's forwarding rules.
- 1.Click the copy button to copy the destination address. This will serve as the destination address for email forwarding.
- 2.In your Email Service Provider, create a new email forwarding rule for the email address you want to use with MessageBird. Follow your Email Service Provider's specific instructions for creating a forwarding rule, as each provider may have a different process.
- 3.When prompted, paste the unique email address generated by MessageBird as the forwarding destination.
- 4.Verify the email forwarding rule through your Email Service Provider's verification process, which typically involves clicking a verification link sent to your new MessageBird email address. This will appear in Inbox if you have toggled "Conversations" on during setup.
Once verified, MessageBird will receive emails sent to your designated email address and you can start using Email by MessageBird to send and receive emails with your customers.