Comment on page
Using WhatsApp rich-media templates
This article explains how to use rich-media templates for the WhatsApp step in Journey Builder.
Please note, you can only send images or documents using rich media templates.
Please follow these steps to use WhatsApp rich-media templates in your journey:
- 1.Click on the MB - WhatApp Send icon on the left and drag and drop it in the journey. The following window will pop up:
- 2.Choose the Channel, a (rich-media) Template, and Language.
- 3.Choose the relevant field for the Recipient dropdown. You can choose a field from your Data Extension (or another entry source) that contains the phone numbers.
- 4.Click "Next" button to go to the "Set Variables" screen.
- 5.Enter the URL to the image or file you want to use in the message in the "Image Url" field.
- 6.Choose relevant fields for variable fields. You can optionally set default values for variables.
- 7.Click the "Next" button to go to the "Confirm" screen.
- 8.Preview the details and click the "Done" button to complete the step setup.
- 9.When you are ready, activate the journey to send the template to contacts.