Comment on page
Automatically detect and translate the language in your customers' messages
This article will show you how to use a pre-made flow to automatically detect and the language used in a customer's reply, and translate responses accordingly.
Before you can set up the pre-made flow, you'll need to make sure you have a MessageBird account and a suitable channel to use in the flow. Follow these steps to get set up:
Once you've set up your MessageBird account and selected the channel that you'd like to use, you can set up the pre-made flow. Follow these steps to be able to understand what your customers are asking, and respond in their language.
- 4.Click on Import flow and import the language recognition and translation flow
- 5.Click the Omni-channel step to open the step settings
- 6.Select your chosen channel by checking the relevant box
- 7.Click Save in the step settings
- 8.Test the flow by sending a message to your channel!
When you send a message to your channel, you’ll receive an automatic message response. This message will ask you to reply in any of the 54 supported languages, including:
Once you respond in any of those languages, the flow will guide you through more details about using the translation steps to improve customer engagement. Take a look at the screenshot below to see what the conversation would look like in a WhatsApp chat.